Sunday, March 27, 2011

The mother of all battles!

Dear God,

March 30/2011, the day when battle lines will be drawn, conches will be blown and war cries will peak. The world will witness a war between two Super powers – India and Pakistan.

Ok, that was dramatic! Sorry… It is difficult to stay away from all the hype TV and other media generate every time we meet. At work, we’ve been discussing the impending “Mahasangraam” and cries of “Har Har Mahadev”. I can picture the scene as I write.

Add to it, as per News channels, Mohali was sold out the day counters opened. There’s not a Hotel that can provide for accommodation within 80 Kms, can you beat that? Ever since India moved to SF, every channel has been covering past encounters, interviewing people from both sides, provoking some to play on each others’ minds etc.

Amid all this, the “warring sides” appeared to be conservative on their comments except for Shahid. I believe he has stated that he will make it tough for Sachin to score his 100th ton. Yeah right!

I only wish we met at the Wagah Border. What a treat that would be!

Okay, before I let my imagination run any wilder, let me sign off God.

Har Har Mahadev!

No comments:

Post a Comment