Sunday, November 21, 2010

nomoreshopping.indiatimes.com

Dear God,

Don’t look up that site, will not lead you anywhere. It is just a take on my frustration. A week has passed since I placed the phone order at Times Shopping.

On 15th November, I was assured that the K3 would be at my doorstep within 7 working days. 17th Nov, I receive an address/payment verification call. Even before I could ask the TAT to delivery, the woman hung up on me! I called every single day after that to check on the status. Trust me you don’t want to talk to the agents at their Contact center. No adjective can measure up the pathetic service they provide.

The IVR announces option 2 for English. But believe me, the folks at the contact center do not understand Language, forget English. It took me very little time to switch to Hindi hoping for a better response. However, as bad luck would have it, the better response was only a better-sounding response. All of them said the same thing. It appears they have a script that runs on a ticker that they have to parrot all the time. One of the women I spoke to gave me a crash course on how to calculate 7 working days from the 15th. She insisted that today would be the 7th day and I could expect it today. As on Saturday last, the K3 had not been dispatched.

Anyway, during the course of these harrowing encounters with the Contact center, I learnt that delivery of the product will happen 7 working days after the verification call. Hello! How about educating a customer? Forget it, they needed education themselves, I said to myself.

Also, Times Shopping seems to have a crude and cheap sense of humour. After every despicable interaction, a prompt SMS, “You have spoken to ___, please reply with a Yes if you are satisfied with the service provided or No if you are not” follows. I had a strong mind to reply with a No with detailed reasons. I didn’t. And now in retrospect, I think that was sensible or I would have had to do that for each of the 7 calls I made at theirs.

By the way, I also had this brainwave in the interim, to find out the vendor and his contact so I could check directly with them for the status. Luck couldn’t be any unkind. The vendor’s phone keeps ringing off the hook. So nothing worked here as well.

My worst fears were ignited when I noted a complaint by a fellow soul, equally frustrated and vexed with Times. His complaint read Fraud in all glory. In probing, I found out that he hadn’t received an order placed over a quarter ago. Great!

Today is Day 7. A week has passed. It would be asking for too much to get the K3 today, tomorrow or the day after. They had a reputation to live up to.

I have been shortchanged enough already. The K3 continues to elude me….All I can do is rely on the old Hindi adage, उम्मीद पे दुनिया कायम है|!!



No comments:

Post a Comment