Friday, February 6, 2009

My purpose around here

Dear God,

I must confess I don’t know why I started writing. I don’t think there was an influence or a driving factor. However now, after a not-so-great hand at some scribbling, I think I am motivated to write more and more. It seems to get me thinking all the time. It makes me look for words to fit meanings to thoughts. Needless to mention, the feeling of triumph makes me feel lighter.

Maybe I did draw inspiration from my Idol, my mentor Amit Bhaskar and to some extent from my sister too. But I don’t know. I am not going to spend too much time talking about their styles of writing. To maintain continuity, let me tell you what my objectives are around here.

1. My thoughts, my ideas are intellectual property to you and me. No one else needs to alter my thoughts or try influencing my conversations with you.
2. I will write what I feel like. In you I trust, all others (especially, the cynics) can go and take care of their businesses.
3. I will share my conversations with absolutely select few, few who will understand my thoughts and critique them wisely.
4. I am not the kinds who will write to you because I have to. I will do that at my will and to suit my whims and fancies.
5. I am not sure if these thoughts reach you Dear God. Nonetheless, I will continue scribbling because I feel good talking to you.
6. I want my efforts to be a dialogue and hence I write to you. I will try and eventually imagine your responses too to my thoughts.
7. If my language is not flashy and my thoughts are small, it’s alright. All I need is for you to understand me. In you I trust, all others (especially, the cynics) can go and take care of their businesses.
8. I don’t care if my dialogues have snap-endings (a la O. Henry) or no endings at all. All I need is for you to understand me.

Good talking to you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment