Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Karma and I

Dear God,

Today I saw a little girl (not over 9 years) sweep the floor and wash utensils at your's. What should I have done - protest, complain, report it to the head priest or just leave it at Karma?

If it is Karma, why do I complain about those talent shows that feature stiff competition amongst the 6-7 somethings? The pressure these 6-7 somethings go through.....pressure at school, at home........Why do I complain about the kids at the Mechanic's? The kid there fixes nuts and bolts on my Bike so I can ride smoother and safer????? If it is Karma, why is it this way? If I can look back and appreciate outstanding moments of my childhood, why can't every other?

If I had to raise a stiff about it, am I not depriving the kid of its livelihood? Am I not stealing its only opportunity to get something home to eat? Am I not defeating its family's ability to meet ends?

So what did I do at your's? Just watched, watched the kid wash utensils instead of letting it play, stay in school, learn......I am a hopeless, confused, ambivalent low-life mortal, Dear God.

And what about the ambiguity itself God, what am I to do with it? Every step, every juncture seems to present itself with grey.........I don't care if it is right or wrong, just give me that hint instead of letting me gawk like an idiot at situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment